Total Pageviews

"Rear Window"

Since moving into our 9th Floor temporary apartment, I have experienced a side of life that is quite new and strange. Living in my "Fortress" house back home, I would only come in contact with other humans once I left home on my way to work. Living in a apartment surrounded by other blocks of apartments is quite different.  For the past few mornings while having a cigarette on my balcony, I have been watching how the lights come on, people having breakfast, the old lady doing her Yoga to name but a few.

Not that I am a pervert, but where else must you look. This reminds me so much of the Alfred Hitchcock movie, Rear Window with James Stewart and Grace Kelly. You sort of get to know the people, give them silly names and wonder what will happen tomorrow. Quite interesting and some how borderline perverse. And then it dawned on me this morning. If I can see them, they can see me, so best I start wearing proper clothing while having my morning cigarette and be aware of what you do on your own balcony.

PS. Very glad my binoculars is packed in the shipping container else who knows what would have happened.

You can watch the video clip or check out the movie at www.imdb.com


No comments:

Post a Comment