Total Pageviews

Techie Heaven

Went to the Funan Digital Mall this morning to find me a new laptop. Six floors of heaven for Nerds and techie freaks alike including me. So many stores, one does not know where to start or finish. Barganing allowed and competition fierce between stores as they basically all sell the same thing.

Brand name shops also plenty. I have never seen so many laptops, cameras, big screens and whatever else your digital heart may desire in one place. My friend Gatoe would spend days in this place and they have lots of food shops to ensure you do not starve during your digital pilgrimage.

Got my new laptop and at the risk of bragging here goes - One time HP New Generation I7 Dual Core Intel 2.0 Ghz processor, 8 GB memory, 1 GB Video card, 750 HDD, Full HD 15.6 " Diagonal Screen, Blue Ray Optical Drive and built in HD Webcam and Wireless loaded with Windows 7 Premium.

PS. For the princely sum of R 7499 at the current exchange rate. Not bad I say.

Did a quick Skype test with my brother who is in hospital and has nothing else to do and all works like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment