Total Pageviews

East Coast and the Famous Chilli Crab

My first evening post but tomorrow will be a roller coaster ride with the big move to the "Cilliers Bungalow". Busy packing and amazing how much extra stuff we have gathered over the last month. I will miss the "Apartment" in some ways, but really look forward to getting to our own place.

Any case, back to the East Coast. We went there today and it is absolutely awesome. The stretch is 4.5 kilometers of unspoilt gardens, parks, entertainment venues, food spots and separate roadways for different sport activities. Walking, cycling, running, roller blading etc. You can also hire bicycles for and hour or more. We visited 3 spots and eventually settled on East Coast Lagoon. Big trees, families, dogs, BBQ Pits and a great food hall. Obviously it was a public holiday and the EID festival, so rather busy but very festive. Perfect place to have a BBQ or a nice picnic with friends and family.

And then, lunchtime and the "Elusive" chilly crab that I have been dying to eat. I have it in good faith that this is the best place to savour this meal and I was not disappointed. Zelma had the Chicken Satay (She can not eat any spicy food) and I placed my order. One time Chilly Crab. They delivered it to my table, steaming hot, big, pink crab drenched in a thick chilly sauce. First advise, wear old close so you can really pig out and bring a towel. Serviettes just does not cut the grade.

My exact words after the meal. O my Lord, and I was sweating like you can not believe. I have never had crab before but this is to die for. Nice meal to share with friends and definitely needed thick slices of white bread to scrape up that last bit of sauce. I am hooked.

The East Coast Park is highly recommended and so is the food. We ate at the East Coast Lagoon food hall. Oh, for those of you who do not understand the Public Parking, a local was very friendly and explained it to me and sold me tokens from his own stash. You buy booklets from garages and 7 Eleven's, tare out a page and indicate the date and time and put on you dash. Easy when you know how it works. Learn something new everyday.

Here are some photos.



1 comment:

  1. This was truly a very nice experience - loved the vibe!

    ReplyDelete