Total Pageviews

Mundane Wednesday

Came back from the airport after getting hopelessly lost using the GPS. I have had GPS before but apart from a "Nice Toy" never really got it. Now I do. In a strange country with street names from a different planet you must have a GPS. They repeat the same name with only the last bit changed. Very confusing and easy to get it wrong.

 One other very important fact. Make sure you type the correct destination in else you will end up in strange places. Example: Changi = Headquarters and NOT the airport. In my defense, I did not type in the destination and fortunately we had time to rectify the problem and get to the airport on time. Got to see most of the eastern island in the process.

Went to fetch my Work Pass and now can legally look for work. Started registering on some company website for consideration and will see how it goes. Hold thumbs for me people. Feedback on the Expat Blog not positive but what the hell. Will give it my best shot.

Spent the afternoon watching FOX Crime channel until I felt I know every criminal plot. Manage to find a very old friend of mine (Robin Chan) on Facebook and had a short chat and update with him. Time flies and he now has a 17 old daughter. Wow. Back in the day when we worked together our nickname was "The Commonwealth". Me (The Dutchman), Robin Chan (The Chinaman), Fanny Hlongwane (The Black Dude) and Eduardo Afonso (The Porra). Go Figure.

Also had a online chat with another old friend, Karen, who now lives in Australia with two grown up kids. As you all know, I only started using social media about 8 weeks ago and honestly I find it so valuable in my current situation.

The Blog now has a total of 8 followers but comments and feedback is much needed.

Newsflash: There is an outbreak of Dengue fever in the north Woodlands area so I am staying in the City for now.

Enjoy the day

No comments:

Post a Comment