Total Pageviews

A Little Bit of This and That

So, a quick breakfast update. Dhal Currie, Roti Prata and Mash this morning. I know. It sounds weird but very nice. This is a curry haven and so far I have not been disappointed. Went to lunch yesterday with Zelma down at the Marina Bay and we looked up the burger joint that I could not remember the name. It is called Carl's Jnr in the Marina Bay Shopping Center and has the best by far juiciest burgers in town.

Quick mention on some of the fast food joints here. There are the usual suspects like KFC, Mc Donald's but then there are some nice ones we do not have back home. There is Kenny Rodgers Roaster's (The best corn muffins with their main meals), Starbucks (Only recently opened a branch in Fourways and I do recommend a visit) - (Great coffee, confectionery and try the pepper chicken puffs), Mos Burger, Stensens, Mc Cafe, The Salad Bar (for the rabbits among us), Garrett's (Best Popcorn in the World), Auntie Annie's (Ice Cream Heaven) and loads others still to try out.

Now, if I had the sort of money Richard Branson has, then this would be my treat. Fly you all over here for an excursion to remember. As I walk thru Shopping Centers, prowl the streets and enjoy the great food, it always reminds me of different individuals. Shoes for this one, Sunglasses for that one, Popcorn for only one, great food and beer for the boys and so on.

I actually worked it out. Split the group in two and send the girls on a free for all shopping spree which will free up the boys for at least a week to indulge in more serious stuff. Great curry, double burgers and buckets of Tiger Beer down at the Bay, with some serious "Bird Watching". This is a topic I have not mentioned and probably will not elaborate on too much. Singapore has a collection of some of the finest and most beautiful "Birds". Zelma also reads my Blog.

There, daydream of the century but it would be something very special.

On to some real stuff. Had a Skype session with some of my ex colleagues yesterday and Anton asked me about the election process here. The Presidential Election is currently in progress and here are some interesting facts. There was 6 initial candidates narrowed down to only four on 12 August and the voting takes place on 27 August. A very short and quite clinical process. Candidates must get a Certificate of Eligibility based on strict rules. One of the conditions - You must have $100 million in paid up Capitol as set out in the Constitution. That certainly rules out a lot of "Grave Robbers'

The Presidency and the Government are separate entities and the Government does not endorse any candidates. The people must decide and voting for the 2.7 million voters is compulsory. The candidates do have "Rallies" and Debates on TV and in the paper to convince their voters, but it is very organised and no riots and such nonsense is allowed.

Managed to finally get the 46" HD Television for the Bungalow yesterday and here is something I also did not know. Your signal strength influence the clarity of your TV picture. A trick used by some retailers is to boost their signals to make the in store TV's really look awesome. I posted a link and article on my FaceBook yesterday to explain the different TV technologies.

In  conclusion I have to chat about the comment on my Blog Post by Orangefoamfinger yesterday. I want comments and feedback, but how can he call my a "House Husband". What a cheek. I gave this some serious thought and in the end, at least for now he is actually right. The convincing factor was. I look forward to my wife's payslip.

So, back to washing and ironing and maybe a relaxing Jacuzzi later. Just Kidding.

Two days to the weekend and enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment