Total Pageviews

Recruitment and the Job Hunt

What i am about to say is not new to anybody who has worked for me or with me. Some of you have been in this situation before. So Listen up. When you are in the recruitment industry you better take it serious and have passion. You are dealing with people's lives and they depend on you to help them find that job.

I have been fortunate to have been on the employed side all of my career, but now I find myself in that sea of people looking for work. People are not just looking for work. They are looking for a future. I have always taught my colleagues and employees to treat people with respect and dignity. Make sure you select your candidates based on  possibility and probability to ensure you have the best possible chance of success, both for you and the candidate. There is no such thing as a ten minute interview. That is a slap in the face.

Know and understand the Client and their culture to ensure your candidate matches are spot on. Embrace technology and always look for smarter ways to do your job to give you the edge. Remember the 48 Hour rule. You have to respond quickly and professionally to increase your success ratio. People want to deal with people. They do not care about what company you actually work for. It's about how you deliver service and that is true for any industry.

So, as I swim this sea for the first time in 30 years I also learn and hope to share my findings with you. The whole process is difficult and you have to dig deep to stay focused.

Have a stunning day

No comments:

Post a Comment