Total Pageviews

The "Eviltwin" has landed

I arrived in Singapore at 05h00, 31 July 2011 with my wife.  Exiting the Changi Airport turned out to be hot as hell considering we left Johannesburg some 11 hours earlier in freezing conditions. Trying to take a photo of our arrival was tricky as the camera lens kept on misting up from the humidity. Funny.

For the first time in 28 years I find myself in a strange country with the description of my situation sounding like a "beggars" board at a South African robot;

No Job, No Car; No house, Please help. That is really funny and very scary. But lets rather look to the future as this was a decision by choice.

This week is reserved for finding a Rental House for us to live in for at least the next 3 years and to replace my arcade, ancient laptop, obviously to help with my new Facebook and Blog.

Arriving at our temporary accommodation, I did what any good traveller would do. Scout the place properly to see if it has all the required things needed for a good living.

First lesson in country language difference. I switched off the little switch with the red light that said "Heater" on it next to the light switch. Big Mistake!!!! Heater in Singapore is actually "Geaser" in our South African language. Obviously a very cold shower Sunday evening and accompanied embarrassment when complaining to reception.

Had a very juicy burger from a local Burger joint. Can not remember the name but will update all when I get the name. Off to the local Cold Storage Supermarket to get essentials like sugar, milk, butter and a bottle of wine (New Zealand - Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc) to celebrate the "arrival". Yes, that is a real wine and it was cheap and very very nice.

Off to bed at 20h30 to catch up on some much needed sleep. Haven't slept for 2 days as I can not for the love of me sleep on a Plane.

Big house hunting day tomorrow with Jen, the estate agent.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy the adventure Pierre, it is difficult, but one you will never ever regret!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are happy there, and I will come and check regularly for new updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, sal jou Blog dophou vir updates. Ek mis reeds on Maandag oggend chat....Groete Gato.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ηey there just ωаnted to gіνe you a quiсk heads uρ anԁ
    lеt you know a few оf the piсtuгeѕ аren't loading correctly. I'm not
    sure ωhy but I think itѕ a lіnκing issuе.
    I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.
    Feel free to visit my homepage :: check this out

    ReplyDelete