Total Pageviews

Heartland Rainfall

As promised in a previous posting I have been meticulously recording the rainfall at our house since my friend Gatoe brought me a rain meter during their visit in December. It's something I have been doing for years and find it quite interesting. Obviously this does not reflect the rainfall island wide but is a true reflection of the actual rain in the Bishan area close to Junction8 where we live.



According to official websites, Singapore gets rain on average 222 days per year. My data reflects the period January 2012 - June 2012 with February and March having the least rain as well as days rained. Highest recorded is March with 340 millimetres and 17 days rained. May is interesting as the days rained was only 9 but the total rain the second highest for the six month period.

The data is for my personal use and in no means trying to re-invent the wheel. It often rains at home while down in the City there is no rain and vice verso.

Their are very comprehensive statistics available which can be viewed at the National Environment Agency

Sure the posting won't break reader records but then I have been surprised before.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment