Total Pageviews

Eviltwin's Day Off

I know what you are thinking. He does not have a job so how can he "Take the Day Off'. The lazy bastert. Let me explain.

The last 4 weeks has been very challenging and emotional with the packing of the house back home, living in an empty house for two weeks (more on this later), shipping our doggies, the actual getting here, moving into the temporary apartment, getting the work pass, visiting endless shopping centers, getting a proper laptop for comms, finding the house here, getting a new phone, starting my Blog, starting the process of looking for work etc. etc. Makes me tired just typing the whole lot.

The biggest adjustment has been the adjustment to my hopefully temporary "Lifestyle". Not working and no interaction with people on a daily basis. This really is a killer and by no means am I even close to acceptance or any level of comfort. Took inspiration from Hugh Grants movie "About a Boy" Good fun movie if you have not seen it. Any case. The art in getting thru the day on your own is to divide it into 30 minutes slots and then allocate activities accordingly for example: Get up and breakfast (2 slots), Update Blog (2 slots), Read paper (One slot at a stretch), Lunch (2 slots), Look for work (4 slots), Watch a movie (4 slots), Hopefully Skype with another living human and so on.

You get the idea. It takes planning people and you must change the daily slot activities to keep from getting so bored you want to go shopping again. You must incorporate new activities. To date I have only met one other person with whom I had a actual discussion, Hank or Hendrik the American. Sadly he was only here for two weeks and must have gone back. So, all alone again for now.

Back to the day off. So yesterday I took time off from all this planning and focus. Went downstairs and visited the complex pool area on the six floor. There you can have a steam bath, sauna, Jacuzzi, swim, sit in a massage chair in the "Executive Lounge" and just laze around. Sat in the jacuzzi till my skin was all wriggled up and just relaxed for the day. Funny, the jacuzzi has a 30 minute timer. How is that for coincidence. Part of my new slot activities. Sadly did not meet any humans I could actually chat too. Just cleaners and a few moms and their children. Will try this again maybe in the afternoon to increase my chances of success. You need a puppy or a borrowed child to enter the Moms circle as Anton, my friend will tell you.

Highlight of the day was the invitation I found under the door when back in the apartment. Wait for it.

Here it is: August Residents Night cordially invites you to

International Summer Festival
Friday, 19 August. 07h00pm - 09h00pm, Lower Deck

Nothing beats a good ol' BBQ spit roast Lamb and a refreshing Sangria.

Now we are talking and considering I have not had braai or BBQ meat for some time, nothing will stop me from being there. Hope the lamb is from Australia cos I have not seen any live animals here so far. Full report back and photos to follow on Monday.

A special thanks to all our friends, family and people who have Skyped us, sent emails, keep reading my Blog and even accidently phoned me. I really miss you all and your support is appreciated during this time of adjustment. And Hank off course wherever you are now. Also managed to hook up with a bunch of old lost friends all over the world during the whole process which is very nice.

Back to "Work" today. Wish you all a stunning day.

Link to "About a Boy" movie trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie5m7NuWgXM

Funny for the day if you did not see it on my Facebook.

Go to Googlemaps.com. Click on directions. Type from China to Taiwan, click on get directions and read Instruction 48 on the left of the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment