Total Pageviews

IMAX, Big Surprise and the Secret

Of to the chemist Friday morning with my medicine script I specially got back home and what do I hear. Sorry Sir, international scripts are not accepted by law in Singapore. You have to get a local one which means a trip to the doctor. Back home this means making an appointment and hopefully the next day you can get sorted. Desperately need the medicine, so I stroll down the drag and find a doctor not too far. Try my luck and walk in, explain my problem and hey presto. The receptionist take down my details, take a seat and ten minutes later I see the doctor, get a new script and also the medicine on site. Nice.

Part of a new patient is taking your height and getting on the dreaded scale. Asked what my weight was and then the great surprise, 88.9 which means I have lost just over 7 kilos since leaving home. I double checked when I got back home just to make sure. Not sure why, but after some discussion with Zelma comes down to a changed diet and more active lifestyle since landing in Singapore. Yes. I have not gone below 90 kilos since my metabolism took an extended holiday just after my 33 birthday. More walking on the cards with a smile.

Bought a quick lunch from a hawker stall. Deep fried squid served piping hot. sprinkled with white pepper and chilly spice. Yummy. They also do deep fried pork and prawns. Think I will have a triple next time just for good measure. Kind of stuff you just do not want to stop eating.

Saturday excursion to the Science Center and Omni IMAX Theater as the weather was cloudy with some rain. The Science Theater is huge and you can spend hours there with the kids as it is definitely geared for children and families with thousands of interactive displays. Not the same as the one in London which is for Adults but still nice. Walked across to the IMAX theater and watched Born to be Wild narrated by Morgan Freeman. Astounding movie and then I realised how much I have missed my home setup to watch and enjoy good movies. I am a huge IMAX fan and watch it whenever I get the opportunity. The best IMAX movie ever. EXTREME. mind blowing action with a world class soundtrack. I had to wait 10 years before I could get my hands on the Blue-Ray disk from Amazon.co.uk and on a normal HD television it is still awesome. Here is the link. http://www.imax.com/movies/m/extreme/

The secret, as in Victoria's Secret. Taped the 2010/2011 show during the week and watched it Sunday with Zelma. Oh my goodness. This is such a mind blowing show and I do not mean just the sexy girls. The costumes, music and just the way this show was shot is amazing. I would pay very good money to attend it live. One can have dreams. Some of the Stars in the audience include Gerard Butler, Tom Cruise, Paris Hilton etc. Guest appearances by Katie Perry, Seal, Akon and overall an outstanding music score with back stage action. If you get the chance to see it do not let it slip you by. Totally outrages. I also re-discovered a old favourite female musician, Jewel. Her voice is just in a different class. Best viewed on a HD TV with good sound, trustme on that one.

Here is a little teaser.


Enjoy and have a stunning day. Learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment