Total Pageviews

The Move to Bishan and Singapore Service Delivery

The second move in a month and hopefully the last for at least the next 3 years. It really drains you emotionally. More new traffic patterns to learn (Zelma got lost again even with GPS), another strange environment, new temporary bed and cushions and just in general very disrupting. I am glad we do not have children as that must make it even more difficult. And then the challenge of getting a empty house setup with temporary basic furniture until the shipment arrives.

The new house is very nice and the Bishan area is a lot quieter than the city. Some strange things thou like driveways with tiles, seeing people walk their dogs in the neighborhood and people washing their cars every morning. O, and the trash gets collected everyday.

So the challenge was and I must admit this really stressed me out as the deadline for the delivery of the bed, fridge and TV was critical as the alternative was unthinkable. Sleeping on the floor again. Well, I am impressed as all the deliveries was on time as promised and even got a call in the morning from the suppliers to confirm the delivery time. Well done to Best, Slumberland and Starhub.

A special mention to Pauline from Starhub. She and her technician arrived at 14h30, we sat down and selected the TV and broadband Internet services I required and 90 minutes later it was all installed, up and running and tested. This blew my mind. No waiting for equipment or activations. All done on the spot with friendly and informative assistance and cheap compared to back home.

Another thing you must get used to is the whole "Remove the Shoes" thing. I experienced this during the house search and had to take my shoes off before entering any of the houses. All houses have shoe cupboards outside the front door for storage. So when the people delivered the furniture and removed their shoes, I promptly said it was fine not too. It was explained that this is their culture and they proceeded to do the installations with their socks, shoes at the front door.

The handover of the house was an intense process with photos taken of every inch of the house and then lost of forms to sign. I guess a good thing when 3 years later there are disputes about the house when handing back to the Landlord. The house is newly painted, new oven, new curtains, new stove and cleaned just before I arrived. Amazing, but I do think this depends on your Landlord.

We look forward to putting the house together when we get the rest of the furniture and the dogs will arrive this Sunday. Yippie !!!!!. And I have a garden again.



I wish you all a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment