Total Pageviews

Bored in Singapore?

Won't I get bored?

This is a question I have been asked numerous times over the past year by friends, expats moving here or planning to move here and just in general. Considering my one year "moving here" anniversary is coming up in a few days at the end of July, I feel I am now qualified to answer the question with conviction. The answer is a definite NO.



The fact that Singapore is a relatively "small" island certainly gave me the perception that potentially you could get bored and run out of things to do and experience. Actually, the opposite is true, converging everything within easy reach which is not the case when living in a large country where you would have to travel extensively to get to experience it all.





Both Government and private enterprise strive to keep Singapore at the top of the list as number one holiday and shopping destination in Asia, if not the world. The safety factor leads to a world where you can have a different experience visiting the same attraction. Places like Marina Bay Sands, Sentosa, Orchard Road, Clarke Quay, Singapore Zoo and many other are totally unique and different during day and night visits.

The results of the never ending "new" stuff to see and do is that your wish list becoms longer and inevitably having to make some choices of things you will not be able to do within the given time frame. The fact that I still have not visited the world famous Jurong Bird Park is a point in case. Too many other non permanent things to see and do.

Living here also adds another perspective to not getting bored with the individual communities arranging their own activities for an interesting and local experience. Considering I have been on a "sabbatical" the past 12 months and gave it my all to try and do as much as possible and still have not even conquered the tip of the iceberg there is no way you can get bored in Singapore.

During the week the national Arts Council announced that they will increase their funding by some $20 million to $63 million for 2012 towards artists, art groups, festivals, art venues and community arts so there will be even more new stuff to enjoy in future.

Bring it on I say. Singapore the Exciting City!

  




4 comments:

  1. I blog quite often and I genuinely appreciate your content. The article has really peaked my interest. I'm going to book mark your site and keep checking for new details about once a week. I opted in for your RSS feed as well.best online betting sites

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s difficult to find knowledgeable people on this subject, however, you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks!
    SBOBET

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I just want to give you a huge thumbs up for your great information you have got here on this post. I'll be coming back to your web site for more soon.Sbobet

    ReplyDelete