Total Pageviews

One Year in The Little Red Dot

How time flies?

We arrived here one year ago with anticipation and loads of uncertainty not knowing how this will turn out. A new country and culture, very different from our beloved South Africa. Living in the serviced apartment the first month felt like we were on holiday with the reality of the situation setting in when we moved to our new home in Bishan.




I got lost and was found. The first few months was an emotional roller coaster ride and steep learning curve. Looking back we only settled in just before our friends came for a visit in December with a new year looming with a sense of normality.

Sadly my job search has not been successful so far which did come with a very unexpected positive. I started my Blog and Facebook and over time lead to new opportunities like writing stories, meeting new people and even make some new friends. I even managed to get recognition when my Blog was voted Blog of the Month.

We love Singapore and enjoy living here with the safety aspect the biggest plus. It's a weird sensation when you realise you do not have to be afraid anymore. The fact that everything works and is super efficient still amaze me on a daily basis. There is not much you can want for apart from Sport maybe which I will feature in a separate posting.

I have written many postings over the past 12 months on all the weird and wonder full experiences, including my culinary journey and the exploration of the country which certainly has been endless fun.

Is it a happy day?

If I had been successful in my job quest it certainly would be and so another year start with hope and new challenges.

A big thank you to all my readers who inspire me to learn, explore and always give my best.







1 comment:

  1. YAH! You came one day before us, our one year is tomorrow! It has flown by so fast, but loved every minute!

    ReplyDelete