Total Pageviews

Ugliest Car Ever

Being a big car fanatic this is the kind of stuff I always watch out for wherever I go and for many years the ugliest car in my books has been the, wait for it.

SsangYong Stavic/Rodius.




One on my former colleagues owned one and after a strategy session held in Sun City  , I was asked to drive them back as they did not feel so well. I obliged off course and it is as bad as it looks. Basically a "lounge" on wheels.

And then a few weeks back on the way to Jurong I spotted something that certainly takes the gold for bad car design without a doubt. I tried to get a name or at least a car logo that is recognisable while driving , but to no avail and it disapeared in the traffic.

It's been on the back of my mind since then and yesterday I decided to search for the "culprit" in order to expose it on my Blog. I was certain the Chinese are guilty considering they are the masters of car copying with disaterous results but in the end I was wrong and could not find it. I searched words like ugly, weird, accidental design, freak car etc. and finally there it was.

The Mitsuoka Galue.

Even the name sucks and it is actually a Japanese coachbuilder guilty of the "Crime". It's a cross between a Rolls, Old Jaguar, Cadillac and too many others to mention. It was actually featured on one of the Top Gear episodes which I probably missed making a cup of coffee or something. No matter from which angle you look at it, it is BAD and UGLY.





Here is a video link for some more "wonderful" angles.




Turns out they also build a "fantastic" sports car. The Mitsuoka Orochi. Hmmmm. Not for me Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment