Total Pageviews

10 Things I Do Not Miss

Having been in Singapore for just over a year now certainly gave me some experience and insight into living in a foreign country. It's not all rosy and their are some distinct differences from your home country and the new. I have had time to go through the initial adjustments, settling into my new home and reflect on the good and the not so good. So here they are, the top 10 things I do not miss about South Africa. In my next posting I will present the 10 things I actually do miss.



10 Things I do not Miss (definitely)

 





1. BEE, discrimination and having to discriminate against fellow South Africans

2. Living in a "Jail", lack of safety, murder, burglaries, Hi Jacking, mugging and other safety threats.

3. Labour Strikes and "Taxi Wars"

4. Winter and freezing your "Ass Off"

5. Dustbin "Pirates" who ravage your dustbin for food and invade your "privacy"

6. Chaotic traffic, Mini Bus Taxis and their "Kamikaze' driving

7. Corruption on an epic scale

8. Exorbitant taxes and getting nothing in return

9. Power failures, pot holes, broken robots and general infrastructure breakdown.

10. Inefficient and non existent service delivery. (and crappy bandwidth)




No comments:

Post a Comment