Total Pageviews

Why The "Mask"

I have seen them around in Singapore and although not the norm I always have a little giggle when I spot one. The people who wear masks, those "Bird Flu" ones and I just did not get it until the past week. The Eviltwin was felled down for the 3rd time in 11 months the past week with the dreaded Flu.






Lying around on the bed like "Roadkill"  since last Sunday got me thinking. Maybe they do have a point and actually are the clever ones. Back home I would get in my car, open the electronic garage door, then the automated house gate followed by the complex gate and drive to work. No Human contact and maybe have contact with some 20 people or so during the day.

Here, things work a little bit different. Walk down to the MRT, get on the train with loads of "germ carriers", hold on to the rail in the train (I m not a skilled train surfer yet), travel to my destination with people getting on and off the train, more contact with "germ carriers" in the station and so on.





No wonder I catch all the "Bugs". Sharing close quarters with all these "infected" human beings is just looking for sh!t. I am going to be permanently sick if I do not take some preventative measures.

So, If you see a tall western guy with a mask and some gloves around in future, do not be alarmed.

It's not a serial killer in disguise but the Eviltwin in "protection mode"

P.S. I will not wear a hat and glasses as they do not help in the cause and might get me arrested.

No comments:

Post a Comment