Total Pageviews

Blog of The Month - Wow!

My Blog has been selected as the Expat Blog, Blog of the Month for April 2012. Considering that I started the Blog eight months ago on 01 August 2011 this is a great honour and big deal for me. I started this as a simple way to stay in contact with family and friends back home and I am no writer to say the least.



The funny thing is over time this has become an integral and important part of my life and I take great pride in putting together the postings with the hope that my readers find it fun, interesting and informative. The blog has evolved and contains postings on my life here in Singapore, my life back home and anything else I come across and believe would be a nice and interesting read.

Putting together the postings take serious time, hours of investigation and I often re-write them several times before the actual publishing. Initially I was very excited to see 10 page views per day and comments always make me very happy.

To date I have done 125 postings with 5800 page views and now averaging more than 50 per day. My audience has changed dramatically over time with Singapore now in first place followed by South Africa, United States, Russia and the United Kingdom.

I guess the most surprising thing is which postings turned out to be the most popular. Often when doing a posting I think it will be a "Hit" only to find out it's not and vice versa. Weird, but it keeps me on my toes and make me strive to write even better postings.

So here are the top 5 most popular postings of all time

Different Singapore Houses - (Photos) (This one still surprise me)

Haw Par Villa - Tiger Balm Gardens

Sex in the City - Singapore  (No surprise here. Knew it would be a hit)

Models & Holland Village

The Amazing Journey & Verlorenkloof (Big Surprise)

I travelled the island, seen weird stuff, enjoyed awesome food, learnt new things and met some amazing people in the process. What a journey.

I would like to thank all my followers and loyal readers for continuing to inspire me to continue to the blog and take it to new heights.


2 comments:

  1. Baie dankie vir die Blog Pierre. Dit is die eerste ding wat ek na kyk as ek by my tafel kom in die oggend.

    ReplyDelete