Total Pageviews

Poodle Doodle and Cold Showers

Pretty event less and boring weekend and no time to do any interesting stuff. Did the monthly shopping on Saturday to stock up the empty house and Sunday was reserved for the arrival of the dogs. They arrived as promised at 12h30 and look fine after the 5 week ordeal but they really did not smell all that good, so we promptly gave them both a quick bath. Apart from loosing a bit of weight they actually are fine and within 2 hours got back into the swing of being back "home". I highly recommend Pets En Transit who we used for the whole process. (Door to Door including all the paperwork)

Those of you who know me understand that our dogs is very important to us. The transport and quarantine thing terrified me. I can assure anybody that it is actually fine and the Sembawang Quarantine facility in Singapore is excellent. Something I did not know is the fact that you keep the transport boxes and if you want them destroyed it is about $140 per box. Special process I am told hence the price. The sticker on the transport box says. VIP - Talk too me.

Made an advance arrangement for Diesel to go for grooming on Monday and Leon from Poodle Doodle sent me a sms in the morning to confirm. Diesel got picked up as per the appointment at 10h30 and was returned at 17h00. Clean and fully cut, not the Schnauzer cut. He looks very funny, Shame, but there was no other way. My recommendation to all pet owners who needs grooming services. Use Leon from Poodle Doodle. Excellent service. You can look them up on www.poodledoodle.com.

So now on to a more serious matter. I really enjoy a nice warm shower, so to our shock we found the showers in the new house is, well, crap too say the least. There is three of them but all with "in line" heaters. This is not like a geyser people. Basically it is a electrical heater which the cold water runs thru and gets heated up while you are showering. I never thought to actually check the showers during the house hunting. Which fool would do that. Big mistake.

The first problem is the more you turn on the heat the less the water pressure because the water has to flow thru slower. The second problem is the actual pipe is very small to allow for heating and even then the water is only lukewarm. I had a meeting with the plumber yesterday and off course he does not understand the dilemma. We all take cold showers he explained because it is hot here. Further investigation and negotiation to follow and my advise to anybody moving here. Check the damn showers!

I have put the job hunting on hold until middle September when we are fully settled. A bit of good news is the fact that I have been approached by Stephanie, the Editor for the Expatarrivals.com website to write articles and contribute. (She came across my Blog doing research and liked it, Wow). Sort of a job but with no pay. I am by no means a writer but any challenge right now is good for me. I signed up to do articles on Areas and Suburbs for now and the first article is due in two weeks. Yippie !

Tomorrow is furniture arrival day and Zelma has taken two days leave so we can tackle that one together. Not sure when my next post will be but we have set Saturday aside to go on a nice exploration. Will post something interesting on Monday.

Here are some dog photos;


1 comment:

  1. Hi I came across your blog when your comment on Daphne(Expatarrivals.com) page reached my inbox.

    well if you interested in pets there is one awesome blog that I too follow

    http://happybarkdays.com/

    I am myself an expat here and this is my blog
    http://chaithra-naveen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete