Total Pageviews

Blog Update, Braaivlies and the F1 Party

The Eviltwin Blog started on 01 August 2011 and to date I have posted 40 posts including today. Broke the 1000 visits over the weekend. Readers from 10 different countries with SA still the most and Singapore second. There are only 11 official followers registered and I have received some very good word of mouth feedback from several readers during the time. Sometimes it feels like I am writing just for me and last week I considered not continuing and then someone lets me know how much they enjoy it. So, I will push on and continue to keep it as interesting as possible. Comments will be much appreciated so I know what is good and what not. Thanks to all my loyal readers.

We kicked the weekend off with some domestic chores (How exciting) on Saturday as we still do not have any help in the house. Saturday night reserved for our first home, traditional Braaivleis (BBQ) unfortunately without any friends in attendance. The "family" gathered around the Weber (I shipped it from home and very glad I did) and proceeded to make the fire. Turned out to be a bit of a "Smokey Robinson" affair  as the local firelighters is from another planet. Needed my friend Gatoe's help as he can make a fire with just two pieces of Blitz. Still, managed to get it done and with two beautiful Australian Rib Eye steaks followed by Braai Broodjies served with some baked whole Baby Marrows we got stuck in. Unbelievably good.




For the readers who do not know what Braai Broodjies are I explain. Two slices of white bread, buttered on both sides, topped with sliced onion, sliced tomato and some cheddar cheese, sprinkled with salt and white pepper, clamped in a grid and grilled on the fire till golden brown with cheese melted. Done at the end of the Braai just before serving. Yum.

Finally, the much anticipated F1 party day arrived yesterday and after much discussion we decided to take the MRT to the city to avoid all the closed roads and traffic. Took a stroll down to the station and 30 minutes later arrived just outside Zelma's office building. Greeted by the friendly hosts, received a very nice T-Shirt and proceeded to join the party. "Hundreds" of kiddies also in attendance so go with the flow. Scrumptious buffet with enough food to feed an army, beers, wine and champagne.

Watched the race on the big screen until around 21h30 and decided to get back home as today is a work day for Zelma. Back on the MRT and amazing how busy it is that time of the night. Excellent party. Official stats for the race around 110 thousand unique visitors generating 100 million dollars of revenue and 20 neighborhood parties across the Island apart from all the city parties. Awesome and hope the negotiations are successful to extend the current hosting contract for another 5 years.


I hope you all have a stunning week.

PS. I know I promised some recipes and they will follow in the next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment