Total Pageviews

Humaneity Inspires

About two months ago I volunteered myself and my wife to work at the Humaneity Inspires Event held at the INSEAD Business School this past Saturday. We reported for duty at 08h45 and were allocated front desk duty for the day, tickets, registration and brochure handouts. The official program started at 13h00 with Speakers arriving early to get their presentations setup.


It will be impossible for me to give justice to all in this posting but I have to highlight some of the extraordinary people we met on Saturday. 22 Speakers with topics ranging form Animal Rights, Poverty, Children's Rights, Environment Protection,  Looking after the Aged and many more to mention. The event was attended by some 200 delegates and this was the 1st of the Humaneity Inspires Series of Events that will happen worldwide.


These people are no ordinary citizens. They humble and inspire you with their dedication, self sacrifice and super human achievements that gives you a Burst of Faith in Humanity. Take Rebecca, volunteer who flew 5 hours from Perth, Friday night, arrived at 03h00 am Saturday morning and reported for duty at 08h00 only to work the full day and fly back on Sunday to get back to her real job on Monday morning.

Also met Singaporean, Thaddeus Lawrence who was handing out complimentary copies of his book Runaway Success - Life Lessons From Ultra Distance Racing. What a nice and exemplary human being. He is one of 87 individuals in the world that has raced 1000 kilometres in the hottest, coldest, driest and windiest deserts in the world. I am now the proud owner of a signed copy of his book and can't wait to read it.


I was fortunate enough to get my break and listen to Gregory Burns giving his talk and also chat to him during the breaks. Three time paralympian and artist who contracted polio as a child and has excelled and achieved international recognition for his achievements. Awe Inspiring human being.


As I said in the beginning, there were so many interesting and inspiring people I met and one posting can not do them justice. The full event has been video recorded and will appear soon on the Humaneity TV Website for all to enjoy. I will do a special posting once released so everybody can have a chance to listen to these exceptional human beings.

The event certainly inspired me and deepened my belief in What Life Should Really be About.



No comments:

Post a Comment