Total Pageviews

Bombay Curry & Saving Private Ryan

So, the wife is on a management course for 3 days including supper which leaves me free to prepare my favourite food. Hot and spicy curry which I can not normally do as Zelma can not eat any spicy food. Found an old favourite recipe "Bombay Curry" dashed to the shops to get all the ingredients including some wine for my Movie Night. I added potato chunks and some frozen peas for good measure and served with rice. Absolute bloody awesome if I say so myself.

One very important thing about any curry is that is best made two days before you are actually going to serve it to allow for all those wonderful flavours to mingle. Keep in the fridge and warm up when ready to serve. Any left overs if you are lucky can be used the next few days in creative ways which also make it healthy fast food and very cost effective. Today will be Bunny Chow (Curry stuffed in half loaf white bread), A South African street food favourite and tomorrow Curry Jaffle (toasted sandwich) and so on. A few days of spicy heaven. Yum.

If you have not had a Bunny Chow you simply have not lived.

PS. Use fresh ginger and green chillies else it will not be the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_chow

http://www.food.com/recipe/beef-bombay-curry-88540





Then the movie choice. Saving Private Ryan, the best war movie and one of my top ten. I have seen it many times before but still enjoy watching it and seeing stuff I did not see in previous viewings. This was also the first time I watched it in HD, brilliant. A Stellar cast, great movie shots (some a bit bloody) and a great story line.

I can not believe anybody has not seen it but if so, do yourself a favour and watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68t6PhbYiSo

No comments:

Post a Comment