Total Pageviews

Flight Simulator X, Staycasion and Netizens

In anticipation of my "Day in the Fast Lane" it is imperative that I get myself prepared to ensure maximum enjoyment and value for money. I am confident that I have the Drive part covered with lots of experience and the Dive part I can not prepare for but I need to jack up my flying skills for the Fly part. I have always loved planes and flying so I got myself a fancy joystick (Logitech Attack 3) and the latest  Microsoft Flight Simulator X software a few days ago and Bob is your Uncle.

I have owned some home Flight Simulators before and spend 2 years in the Air Force back in the day but need to get my flying skills as good as I can. Spend about 5 hours so far with the Flight Simulator to get my Private Pilots License and will spend enough time in the single engine Cessna Training Plane before converting to the Boeing 737-800. Its obviously not the same as the real flight simulator but any experience is better than none. It's not as easy as it sounds, believe me.

Here is the link and you can download a demo to try it out. If this is your cup of tea it is truly awesome software. I even took a flight from the Brakpan Airport to the Sun City Airport. How cool is that. You can fly to any airport you fancy.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/

Here's a thought. Why not try out one of the Worlds Top Ten most Dangerous Airports for landing in the flight simulator. If you are going to fly in the next few weeks I strongly recommend you do not watch the video.


Learnt some new words over the past two weeks from the local media.

Staycasion - a holiday taken on your own or with your family at home doing local sight seeing trips. Basically a holiday not going away. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staycation

Netizen - A combination of the English words Internet and Citizen. A person actively involved in on line communities and taking part in the Internet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netizen

Live and learn. Remember my motto. If you do not learn something new everyday the day is wasted. So in two weeks time when our friends arrive we are taking a staycasion and they are taking a vacation. I am definitely a Netizen as per the definition.

According to the overall Blog reader statistics there are more Singapore readers than South African so I feel it is only fair to include some postings on my experiences back home to make it more interesting for all. Will start this week with the first one, called the "Eviltwin & The Harley Davidson", so look out for it.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment