Total Pageviews

Show me Some Skin and Top Gear

"Show me some Skin." - The Title of the local Blog TV programme last night.

Over the past few weeks there has been some serious debate, news articles and TV discussions about nudity and obscenity here, as a result of the Abercrombie & Fitch (massive) advertisement in Orchard Road featuring a man with a very low cut pair of denims. They say it was put there to prevent people seeing the renovation work going on behind it. Brilliant ploy as the amount of "Free" advertising they got is priceless.  Back home I am convinced this would not even have stirred up the same emotions.



Last night the discussion continued on the local Blog TV channel and covered general state of advertising, dress code and the fashion industry in Singapore. Has obscenity become accepted. I have to give my own views on this one. Singapore woman tend to wear very short skirts and yes it is hot so who am I to disagree, Not sure if I would call it obscene but some of dresses are so short it is borderline. Even Zelma has commented on this issue. Going up an escalator sometimes can be a challenge.

The debate continues. Lets blame the weather I say.

I watched Top Gear for the first time in about three months on Monday. My passion for cars started when I was still very young and by the age of thirteen I already had my first speeding fine. The cop made me pay it out of my pocket money and years later he was the same guy who did my drivers license test. I passed first time, go figure. Over the years I have also been fortunate to have owned some truly spectacular cars with fond memories and the fact that I do not have my own set of wheels is very strange and even sad. I digress.

Watched Top Gear Season 17 Episode 1. I really enjoy Richard (Hamster) Hammond and this episode is awesome as always and actually start of in South Africa. I will not detail any spoilers but the programme also feature the 50th Birthday of the iconic, classic and still beautiful E-Type Jaguar and ends with a challenge that include the Olympic Gold Medalist, Amy Williams. Jeremy was smitten with her and I have to agree. She is super Hot! Not sure where the Top Gear schedule is back home but get it boys and enjoy. Can't wait to watch the rest of the programmes. I downloaded them from
www.BTjunkie.org. Excellent download site.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/tv-show/series-17/episode-1

Before coming to Singapore I had to make the difficult decision to delete my external hard drive due to the strict Media rules here. After days of pondering this one I decided to pack the drive with all my precious data and see what happens. It came thru intact. Very happy as it also contains all the previous 16 Top Gear Seasons and years of TV and Movie downloads. Nothing illegal off course.

The best Top Gear episode without a doubt is Season 15 episode 5 which has Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz as the guest stars  and a special tribute to one of the Formula One greats, Ayrton Senna. No, The Greatest Ever and not just me that say that. Shummie agrees. I was a "Prost, The Professor" man but undoubtedly the 80's was the golden era of Formula One. A Car, a Driver and none of the technological gimmicks of today. If you are a F1 fanatic and you have not seen the movie yet watch it.

Here is the trailer link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6rvBiYBL-w

No comments:

Post a Comment