Total Pageviews

Singapore Vertical Marathon 2012

I always believed I am in the know about what goes on in the world only to realise the past 15 months that there is so much I do not know about. This coming Sunday will be the 25th time the Swissotel Vertical Marathon will be run in Singapore. What vertical marathon? Turns out there is a Vertical Marathon world circuit with nine participating countries.




The Singapore race will be run in the Swissotel Stamford hotel clocking in at 226 meters with 73 floors and 1336 steps. I have walked down some 12 floors for a fire drill, my wife and her team did the same down 28 floors taking some 20 minutes and that was seriously exhausting. Running up in a non air conditioned staircase and doing it in 7 minutes or so must be extremely challenging. It's also for a good cause, raising money for selected charities. Wonder where the spectators will be?

One thing is sure. I have not seen a marathon finish line view like this before.




Learn something new everyday.

Here is the link if you want to read up some more about the world wide event or be crazy enough to actually take part.

Swissotel Vertical Marathon


3 comments:

  1. Can I simply just say what a relief to discover an individual who truly understands what they are discussing on the net. You actually know how to bring a problem to light and make it important. More people must read this and understand this side of your story. I was surprised that you aren't more popular since you definitely possess the gift.best online betting sites

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.
    Agen Sbobet

    ReplyDelete