Total Pageviews

Burger Hunt Update (Hog's Breath & The Hand Burger)

The good old meat burger is still one of my favourite comfort foods hence my search for the best burger since arriving in Singapore. To be honest things are not looking good so far but then my yardstick is pretty high. More on than later.

The past week included two visits in the burger hunt. First stop, Hogs Breath Cafe down in the Chijmes center that sounded very promising from my research and some foodie write-ups. It's a Ausie style Saloon & Grill.




We ordered the Finger Food Combo to share as a starter and it was seriously tasty (excellent buffalo wings) followed by the Aussie Burger with Curly Fries for my main. I will try to be "diplomatic" with my review. Without a doubt the worst burger I have had in memory, dry, tasteless with oily curly fries. Very disappointing to say the least and the service was painfully slow although it was only 12h30 and the restaurant quite empty.


Yesterday while shopping for my delayed birthday gift, I decided to try another spot that has been on my list for some time now, The HandBurger down in 313@Somerset in Orchard Road.

I had the HandBurger Original, 100% NZ grass fed beef pattie with sweet onion jam, cheddar cheese, handmade barbeque sauce and fries. Not in the top three of the list but a very tasty Burger that will make me go back and explore the rest of their menu options. (No Photo's, forgot the camera at home).

So back to the yardstick and my top three burgers ever. In the number one spot and this is tough one but I have to admit even better than my own.

Karoo Breakfast Burger from Karoo Cattle and Land steakhouse in Fourways, Johannesburg (SA). In fact their are nothing on their menu that is not top notch and the best Boerewors I have ever had.

Number two and a "Very Close" second has to be Eviltwin's Homemade burgers tradionally prepared for the famous Burger Bash days. Here masterfully prepared on the Webber by my good friend Anton during such an event.



Currently third and very surprising contenter is the "The Original ThickBurger" from Carl's Jr and that from a fast Food Joint? Here's the thing. It is a bloody tasty, juicy, always fresh burger and halve the price compared to burgers I have tried from some specialty restaurants.



    I am open to any suggestion for my quest to find a better burger.

1 comment: