Total Pageviews

Topless & Desirable Things

Last week was the launch of the new Mercedes SLS AMG Roadster in Singapore and Monday on my way to the shops I ended up driving behind another one of my fantasy cars and this specific model you definetly will not see often. More on that later. Before I continue let me explain my passion about cars. I spent my childhood years growing up next to the local Hot Rod circuits.

My dad was a racer and I could drive a Hot Rod long before taking to the road. Sadly he gave it all up before I turned thirteen and would be allowed to legally race myself. I love all kinds of motor racing but Oval Track racing, specifically Sprint Car racing is still my favourite. The Americans have many different versions but the short track is still the most exciting.

A less than a mile, two lane oval track where you can get real close to the smell, sound and thrill of racing and my all time number one, V8 Fuellers. You have to be there to understand and I still get goosebumbs watching it. So here is a clip from the 2006 South African versus the Americans championship held in Pretoria compliments of a DVD my brother gave me as a gift.

These cars are lightweight, supercharged V8 monsters that can go from 0 - 160 in a 100 meters with only 1 gear and run on highly explosive methonol fuel. And to drive one you need some serious balls. They get pushed started with a rolling race start and five laps of absolute nailbiting action. Watch the black number five car (A South African) and turn up the sound for heavens sake. That's what I call driving!



After that adrenaline rush let's get back to the SLS Roadster. The reincarnation of the original and iconic Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing introduced in 1954 and it is a thing of beauty. And now it has gone "Topless" and looks even more aggresive and yet so stylish.

The old and the new












Check out the video and hear the beast roar.


Back to the car that I was fortunate to see and follow on Monday, a Black 2012 Mercedes CLS AMG Brabus. I could stare at this thing for days and heaven forbit if I owned one I would sleep in it. Brabus also have a showroom in Singapore I discovered during my research. Showroom Launch


Since the first time I saw the Mercedes CLS I have no doubt that in my eyes it is the most beautiful car ever designed and we have been fortunate enough to own and drive one, not the AMG but a CLS 500 with a mighty V8. Wish I could just have one more day driving it around. Like being in heaven is the only way to describe the experience.


This is a controversial topic and each reader have their own favourites. That does not mean I deserted some of my old specials which I certainly would not mind owning. A Shelby Cobra and offcourse Eleanore, 1957 Shelby Mustang GT500

How about this beauty done in "Burnt Orange"



Officially the current voted, most beautiful car is the world is the Citoen DS4. Certainly not what comes to mind when I hear the word Citroen but I must admit. It is gorgeous and personally I would not be embarrassed seen in one of these.


And then there is what I call the ultimate car. Pretty, fast and desirable beyond belief. The Farrari 458 Italia. No words needed.


PS. I should really start getting paid for some of the marketing I do in my posts???

No comments:

Post a Comment